This weekend has been a bonus to my other side..One of my roommate left his lappy for me this weekend.The only thought that I had was to write a story which I had in mind from a long time but due to personal issues,I couldn't urge myself to write it. Hence I thought why don't I download few movies and watch it( by movies I mean the gay themed ones). So after brokeback mountain, the turn came for other movies that are classic in a way. Like I said, I am a very sensitive guy who gets very sentimental when he watches movies having emotionally intimate scenes.Last night I watched Yossi and Jagger which is a Israeli Movie. There are scenes when you get surprised at the way the two lead play their roles. It was very touching especially Jagger's role which I could relate so easily. He was very lovely and I literally faced the reality once again at the end. I think while watching such movies, one should be prepared to witness such emotions and reality that bites so bitterly. But nevertheless at the end of the day what I feel relieved over is, the fact that people dont stop loving even if they die because obstacles cannot stop them. Watch this movie and you would be enlightened with the witty, cute, lovely nature of Jagger and his lover Yossi. There is a song in this movie "your soul" sung by Ivri Lider( originally sung by Rita), that touches you in many ways. Ivri Lider himself is a gay and he was glad when this song was offered to him, though by that time he wasnt out to anybody. Do give a listen to it. You will love it.
The other movie that I watched is Get Real. Its a movie about a 16 year old teen Steven who is in middle of getting along with his sexual orientation and the only love he found in life, John, who is a coward to an extreme and till the end he doesnt dares to come out. Steven who is so pissed off with his life, parents interrogation, society's torment decides to confront his sexuality and he comes out in front of his school audience, in which his parents ar included. Its a good movie to watch. Surprising it moves you, in the ending scenes. I am going through all that, what Steven is going through.



1 comments:
Yeah, I watched these 2 movies long time ago. They are one of my favorite gay movies as well. I have watched so many movies. You might like the Trip, Trick, and Latter Days, those are really good ones.
Post a Comment